Friday, October 15, 2010

Thoughts of Grief and remembering...

As I stated in the last post this year has been a year of tears for me.  I always knew the day would come when my parents would pass away but I never expected the emptiness and the haunting feelings of loss to be so great.  Maybe because I lost both in so short a time; after all I was just getting over the shock of my Moms sudden unexpected death when Dad fell and went through the trauma of surgery and then his death.  I know with the death of both parents in a two month period of time was and is an emotional roller coaster of feelings of loss and then euphoric feelings remember child hood memories.

Remembering all the sights and sounds and smells of growing up and then proudly visiting with our children in later years letting Mom and Dad be Grandma and Grandpa.  One thing my parents taught me was the value of family.  We had a good family life and grew up to become families of our own.  I am the oldest and the only one who moved away from the hometown area so maybe all the things I missed  of the latter years of my parents life cause my feelings of loss to be so great.  I have decided to try the best of my ability to step up and make sure I stay in touch with Brothers and Sisters since I don't have Mom and Dad to talk to and find out what is going on in my siblings lives.

In the next few weeks and months I will be sharing some of the things I remember and tell the stories of growing up in a Small Northeast Kansas town and the adventures we had.  Partially I want to write to make sure somewhere I write down the memories before they fade away and partially for my own self healing and recovery.  I hope some will find comfort in my words and as I share some of the funny stories maybe a laugh or too also.

No comments:

Post a Comment