Friday, June 22, 2012

New Beginnings

     It has been quite awhile since I have written in this Blog.  There has been many changes in my life in the last two years and it seems that change lately has been the only constant!  After the loss of both my parents in a very short time and now seeing all my children over 21 and on their own with the exception of the youngest son who is living with us for a short time,  I have been reflecting on all the things I have done in my life and all the things I still want to do.
      This past May I turned 60 and while I don't feel old it does cause one to ponder what you want to do with the rest of your life.  I started doing Substitute Teaching in the fall of 2010 and worked about 50 percent of the school days and then this last school year which just concluded I ended up working almost 95 percent of the school days and could have done more if I had not had to take some days off for rest and personal matters.  I still work a night job at 7-11 and so when working all day at school then going right to work I end up working about 16 hours a day with little time to sleep. 
     My health has been an issue this year with the cellulitis in my leg has been causing open sores and infected most of the year with a constant battle with antibiotics and bandaging an a regular basis.  I have battled weight and have been working on giving up on fatty fried foods and eating more vegetables and juicing as much as possible.  I plan to begin a juice fast for a few days in July when many local vegetables and fruits come into season and will be readily available,
     My goals are many such as loosing 100 lbs this next year and strengthen my legs and be able to do some short term missionary work to Mexico with my Son and Daughter who have both been working some in Juarez Mexico going to some of the some locations I ministered 20 years ago this summer!  I also have a goal to go to the Dominican Republic to help a Missionary Friend I know and hopefully be able to go to Kenya Africa in 2013.  I missed going this year because of health issues.
     I believe God will help in providing the funds and health to minister in these countries and will provide enough income so that I will not have to work two jobs any longer.  Until next time...Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment